Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My Bag, My Nightmare.

If you have ever tried to enter a bar or get on the bus with me you are fully aware of the nightmare that is my bag..I'd like to call it a purse, but my purse is actually shoved at the bottom of this bag.I have recently become a lot more aware of what a hindrance my organizational albatross has become after losing my wallet for the 3rd time and yet again, full of cash. Ugh.
I am certain I lost it when I was fussing with my bag to get bus money.
It has always made me feel self conscious when I have to unload my bag looking for my transfer, buss pass, change ect..when I am in front of a full bus-- I feel like everyone is staring at me and I get flustered and embarrassed...As though instantly I am transformed in to one of those shady tweakers who spends the whole ride fishing though their pockets....I hate it.
Went through my bag yesterday and there is SO much I don't need in it -- but in the spirit of the urban nomad I proceed to carry everything I *might* need on my daily adventures. Energy bars, nuts, fruit, 743 colors of lipstick,phone charger , headphones , 7 packs of sugar, 9 Advil,mechanical pencil lead, 4 pens, a dirty fork, 3 shades of blush, 5 makeup brushes, 2 bottle caps...it goes on and on.
So, this week I am going to make my handbag my focus
So you're likely saying "Nico, dearest. Whatever does the interior of your bag have to do with being a lady?
to which I politely reply it is all about demeanor. When I get flustered, I lose my composure, get snappy and act frenzied. None of which is comfortable to me.I feel it draws attention to be in all the wrong ways...and no one likes the wrong kind of attention.
. I think of women I see in 1940's movies who would sit down at the vanity in a ladies lounge unsnap their pocketbook pull out the powder, lipstick and a comb and touch themselves up and be ready to go.
It is a far cry from me unloading my canvas bag on a bathroom counter and sifting through it, dirty fork and all- to find the right shade of lipgloss.
I 'd like to be a snap of the pocketbook kind of gal.
I know this may sound simple and stupid to some of you, but it is a huge deal to me, when I am always ambling, always feeling a mess- I am always apologizing and feeling "less than"
To me a lack of chaos imparts a feeling of sophistication.
Here is where I started......
 












Then, I emptied it....
Everything was sorted, Now I go on the quest of finding a just right purse that fits what I need and looks like what I think a "just right" purse looks like.

I'll update you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment